Happy Holidays friends! What better way to start off the year and impress your pals than with a fun, fresh and unique champagne cocktail for your NYE celebration! Here are just a few of our favorites found on the interwebs! We will be featuring NYE inspired posts all week so be on the look out! Cheers! - sarah
This year we are offering TWO great ways to celebrate our favorite Holiday! Enjoy your Thanksgiving by DINING IN with us at Mr. Lyon's, or DINE OUT and let us do the cooking for you!
For the DINE OUT option all Thanksgiving dinners are $35 PER PERSON!
INCLUDES: 1-Salad (Serves 1 person), 1-Soup(servers 1 person), 1-Main (serves 1 person), 2-Sides (serves 1 -2 people), 1-Sauce (serves 1-2 people).
Check out the menu below to see what delicious options we are offering!
WELCOME BACK!!!! It feels so great to be back on the blog posting after what seems like an eternity!! I hope everyone had an amazing summer and is enjoying the beginnings of fall everywhere else in the country but here in PS where it is still SO hot! I've been traveling a bunch during our break, working and visiting friends and family back East and it sure feels good to be back home after 54 days on the road, which were utterly amazing and equally as exhausting.
What better way to get things back on track then with a food recipe! This salad is one of my all time faves, and even though it might seem a little summery it is both hearty and yet refreshing, perfect for the warm days we are still experiencing here in the desert! Read on below for the recipe and don't forget to keep an eye out as we get back on track with seasonal goodness, current F10 happenings and SO much more! xo - sarah
yields 3-4 medium sized salads
1 cup pecans
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
5-7 asparagus spears, steamed, chopped
10 ounces spinach
1/2 cup feta
Rinse and dry all fruit and vegetables.
Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl.
Toss evenly with dressing and feta.
Happy Weekend ya'll!! You know what that means, brunch, brunch, brunch and more brunch. They say that my generation does brunch better then most and I would hole heartedly agree. If you don't believe me, check out this Time's article here, if it's in the Times then it must be true, right? There is something about a nice early afternoon eggs benny and a mimosa that really just feels right in the soul. Whether you tend to make it at home with friends or head to your favorite weekend eatery, these salmon breakfast cakelets are something I whole heartedly encourage you to try. Salmon, potatoes, DILL, eggs, eat, sleep, brunch, repeat. Cheers! xo sarah
yield 6 cakelets
1 scallion, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large potato, baked
1 lb salmon, poached
2 oz dill
1 lemon, zest
Saute, dill, garlic, onion, and scallions over medium low heat.
Lightly mash the baked potato so that it is soft but still has texture.
In a medium size bowl combine potato, scallions, onions, garlic, lemon zest, a few dashes of tabasco, a pinch of salt and pepper. (more to taste if you prefer it spicier!)
Using a fork, gently pull apart poached salmon until it is in chunks.
Add salmon to bowl and mix thoroughly.
Using your hands create small cakelet patties until mixture is finished.
Place patties in a saute pan that has previously been heated with olive oil over medium - high heat.
The olive oil and pan should be hot enough to lightly brown and crisp the cakelet. Flip over and repeat on other side until both sides are evenly browned.
*Be careful not to overflip cakelet as they can break apart.
Repeat until all cakelets are cooked.
Top with your favorite kind of eggs and garnish with some hollandaise sauce, a few of the sauteed dill sprigs and some salt and pepper.
*Recipe for hollandaise sauce can be found here!
photography by Sarah Dickenson
T minus three days and counting!! Are you looking for the perfect signature cocktail for your 4th of July party?! Try out one of these! Add in a striped straw or some festive pom poms and you are all set! I love the idea of freezing blueberries and strawberries to make fruity icecubes making any drink festive, refreshing and fun! Don't forget about the f10 afterparty this Saturday at Mr. Lyons! We will have specialty craft american cocktails and Dj Goodboy Morgan spinning from 10pm - 1 am! Hope to see you there! (more details on the july 4th afterparty can be found here!) xo sarah
Looking for the perfect dish to bring to that Memorial Day bbq? Look no further! This gazpacho is so delicious I don't even know where to begin! It's got great zesty flavors, a little spice, it's pretty darn healthy for ya AND it's chilled! You can serve it in mini glasses for gazpacho shooter appetizers or in larger bowls for a side dish!
Don't forget, tonight is our very last Local 622 live music showcase for the season at Birba! The music is from 730-9pm tonight and features the talented Phil Kaylor (he is also the man behind the tasty pastries at Cheeky's if you didn't know!) So come on by with your friends and hang out with us! Great tunes, great pizza, fresh cocktails..what could be better? Cheers! xo sarah
*read on for the recipe!
yield 4-6 people
4 heirloom tomatoes
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
1 serrano chile pepper
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a blender combine, 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, the center of both peppers, 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove, and 1/2 serrano chile pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, starting with a pinch.
- Dice 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 serrano pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper and 1 cucumber.
- Gazpacho can be served immediately, but we prefer it chilled!
- When you are ready to serve combine garnish and gazpacho as you are serving or in pre portioned containers.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
I will admit, this cocktail looks a little Christmasy with the green and pink, but it tastes like pure spring! It is a bit of a hybrid between a moscow mule and a mojito, two of my absolute favorite boozy beverages. This recipe includes a simple twist on the moscow mule classic. By adding blueberries we introduce a seasonal fruit that is oh so delicious and can be used in a multitude of ways around the kitchen! Did I mention the beautiful color of this cocktail? It can also be attributed to ever amazing blueberry and don't forget the mint, an addition that I think keeps the bevvie light and refreshing! Hopefully you'll give it a whirl this weekend while you are lounging poolside :)
If you haven't made it into Mr. Lyons yet, the newest addition to the F10 family, call and make a reservation ASAP! We are super excited to be sharing the space and the delicious food with all of you! You can check out some photos of the dining salon and get some more information including hours here! xo sarah (read on for the recipe!)
5 lime wedges
4-8 mint leaves
3 ounces vodka
soda water (optional)
1 can of ginger beer
- In a large shaker muddle blueberries, limes, and mint! **
- Add ice and vodka to shaker and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Empty contents of shaker evenly between two cocktail glasses.
- Fill with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and a splash of soda water. **
- Garnish with lime wheel and a mint sprig.
- If you love mint, add a bunch (I do!) if you aren't a big fan you can leave it out completely or only add 2 leaves per beverage!
- I like to use a little bit of soda water in my mules to keep them low in calories and super refreshing, too much ginger beer can be overwhelming in my opinion!
Is there any better way to start your weekend then with a bomb brunch? I definitely don't think so! This duck breakfast hash is an instant winner in my book. You can serve it with whatever type of egg you prefer, but we think it is best when served with something a little yolky to mix in with the hash, add some cracked pepper, scallions and onions on top and voila! This meal will have you fueled and ready to go the whole day and it's beautiful to boot! Hope you enjoy! xo sarah
INGREDIENTS - yield 6-8 servings
6 duck legs, blanched
4 large potatoes
1 bunch of leeks, chopped
1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1 tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place duck legs in large pan and cover in enough oil to evenly coat and cover legs for about 30-40 minutes or until cooked and crispy.
- Place potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water, heat over medium - high heat.
- Using olive oil, saute leeks and mushrooms over medium heat until soft.
- Once potatoes are soft, mash until chunky.
- Remove cooked duck legs from oven, using a fork scrape meat from bone. If it doesn't come off easily use a knife and fork!
- Place potatoes, leeks, mushrooms, parsley, cayenne, scallions, cheddar cheese and pulled duck meat into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly coat a large skillet with olive oil.
- Using your hands, create medium sized patties with contents of mixing bowl.
- Once oil is hot, gently place 2-3 patties in saute pan and cook until under side is brown and crispy.
- Using a spatula gently flip patty and cook the opposite side until brown and crispy. Try to refrain from over flipping the patties to prevent breakage!
- We used poached eggs on top of our duck breakfast hash, but over easy eggs would taste great too!
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with scallions and onions!
No Coachella is complete without that one poolside bevvie that you can't get enough of! This cocktail which I have appropriately dubbed, "Coachella Juice," has antioxidant rich blackberries, blueberries AND lemon in it, which has numerous health benefits to mayyybeeee help curve some of this weekends craziness. I mean let's be real here, if you are going to be drinking all weekend you might as well drink something that tastes amazing, is low in calories AND has fruit in it..right?! xo sarah
5 lemon wedges
1.5 ounces peach schnapps
3 ounces vodka
Place lemon wedges, blueberries, blackberries, and peach schnapps in a shaker.
Add ice and vodka to shaker.
Shake for 15-20 seconds.
Strain out contents of shaker evenly into three glasses.
Remove lid and evenly distribute muddled fruit and ice.
Top with ice, a splash of pineapple juice and enough soda water to fill glass.
COACHELLLLAAAAAA!!! It has finally arrived folks! I went grocery shopping yesterday in town and you can definitely tell that there are SO many more people out and about! This summer mango salsa is perfect for your Coachella weekend. It's light, fresh and filling and goes great with all sorts of Coachella food essentials. Grilled chicken, tacos, with chips, you name it! You can have it poolside with tortilla chips and even put it on your eggs to help cure any hangover you may or may not have! I hope everyone has an amazingly fun weekend and don't forget to be safe! There is an uber camp set up at the Polo Fields, so there is absolutely no reason to drink and drive!! I also want to give a huge shoutout to two of our local bands, Alchemy and Little Red Spiders, best of luck performing tonight, you will kill it!!! See you all at weekend two! xx sarah
2 mangos, peeled and cubed
1/2 red onion, diced
1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
1/2 carrot, grated
1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 lime, juiced
- Mix all ingredients well in a medium sized bowl!
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, tacos, nachos or more!
We prefer using mahi mahi or a nice cod for our fish tacos, shrimp would be great too!