I will admit, this cocktail looks a little Christmasy with the green and pink, but it tastes like pure spring! It is a bit of a hybrid between a moscow mule and a mojito, two of my absolute favorite boozy beverages. This recipe includes a simple twist on the moscow mule classic. By adding blueberries we introduce a seasonal fruit that is oh so delicious and can be used in a multitude of ways around the kitchen! Did I mention the beautiful color of this cocktail? It can also be attributed to ever amazing blueberry and don't forget the mint, an addition that I think keeps the bevvie light and refreshing! Hopefully you'll give it a whirl this weekend while you are lounging poolside :)
If you haven't made it into Mr. Lyons yet, the newest addition to the F10 family, call and make a reservation ASAP! We are super excited to be sharing the space and the delicious food with all of you! You can check out some photos of the dining salon and get some more information including hours here! xo sarah (read on for the recipe!)
5 lime wedges
4-8 mint leaves
3 ounces vodka
soda water (optional)
1 can of ginger beer
- In a large shaker muddle blueberries, limes, and mint! **
- Add ice and vodka to shaker and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Empty contents of shaker evenly between two cocktail glasses.
- Fill with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and a splash of soda water. **
- Garnish with lime wheel and a mint sprig.
- If you love mint, add a bunch (I do!) if you aren't a big fan you can leave it out completely or only add 2 leaves per beverage!
- I like to use a little bit of soda water in my mules to keep them low in calories and super refreshing, too much ginger beer can be overwhelming in my opinion!