I know most of you probably think I'm ludicrous for posting a cookie recipe directly after the holidays, but for those of us who decided to not add, "get in shape," to our list of resolutions this one is a must! Gingersnaps are one of my favorite cookies! They are spiced, simple, and are so perfectly dunkable it borders on not humanely ok (my fave is with a cup of coffee.) So if you are like me and have solemnly sworn to avoid the gym then I invite you to join me in devouring this deliciousness! And for those of you who are trying your hardest to avoid stuff like this remember life is all about moderation!!!! ;) ;) xx sarah
Yield 50 thin cookies
2oz unsalted butter
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
.65 oz ground ginger
1.25 oz fresh ginger
1.5 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp black pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4-1/2 tsp cloves
8 oz sugar
1 oz brown sugar
1 1/4 oz molasses
4.8 oz all purpose flour
4 oz pastry flour
1.5 egg whites
1. Place butter, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, fresh ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg, cloves, sugar, brown sugar and molasses in mixer, using the paddle attachment cream together.
2. Add all purpose flour and pastry flour and mix again.
3. Add egg whites and mix one more time. Place in refrigerator and chill over night
4. Roll out the dough using a generous amount of flour on the work surface, roll out to ¼ inch.
5. Use cookie cutter to make cookies and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees in a standard oven or 325 degrees in a convection oven for 12 minutes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and lightly dust top of cookies with an extra fine sugar let cool for another 20 minutes and serve.
No time to make your own? Order a dozen from Cheeky’s for a delicious treat!!!